The Beauty of Bow Windows
All of our bow windows are completely constructed at one facility and custom made to fit your exact size opening. Most bow windows are made from a pre-fabricated shell where windows are inserted after an order is placed.
Every window inside the bow window uses only 100% uiPVC virgin vinyl that is fully fusion-welded with a heavy duty, multi-chambered design with an architectural aluminum reinforced frame.
Specially designed scupper systems have been incorporated into each bow window to prevent moisture from laying on the wood units to give long life to your window investment and completely cover the exterior edge of the window. Each window also incorporates integral drip cap to prevent water from wicking under the window units and is wept to allow moisture to escape, just like commercial window systems. Custom designed "low-profile" cable anchoring systems allows your window installer to structurally hang the unit from your roof joists, giving you a superior installation.
House Transformers also offers bow windows in wood. To learn more about our energy efficient bow windows call us today.
100's of Bow Windows Installed in Washington DC
- Heavy-duty vinyl frames with all corners fused together using a double stack four point welder at high temperatures for extraordinary strength- have as many as 14 separate internal chambers to provide excellent insulation.
- Soft White vinyl frames and sashes feature an exceptionally smooth, clean surface that keeps your windows looking beautiful for decades.
- PPG's Intercept® warm-edge spacer system reduces energy loss through the glass.
- Stainless steel 'constant force balancing' (double-hung models) and engineered Truth® turn-handle systems (casement models) give you fingertip window operation.
- Heavy-duty 1-1/4"-thick wood in the head, seat and jamb boards provides strength and durability.
- Elegant, handcrafted wood seatboards and trim -available in oak or birch- offer the look and feel of fine furniture.
- Patented scupper system prevents moisture from accumulating in the window frames by channeling it outside.
- Sealed insulation in the window frame enhances thermal performance and makes your home more comfortable. GAF Weather Watch coating prevents water penetration into your home.
- Unique, specially designed adjustable installation system virtually eliminates sagging-and the need for knee braces.
- Automotive-type window glazing creates a super-tight seal.
AWARDS & CERTIFICATIONS